Fun filled day for the family! Food, music, vendors, raffles, functional fitness, weightlifting and powerlifting!
C&K Athlete T Shirts for all competitors.
Next door to Surf Extreme, Cal Fit, Strikes Bowling, Double Nickle Bar and Grill.
$600 Cash Prize For 1st Place Rx!
The Caffeine and Kilos Invitational is a one day team competition. Each team comprised of 2 men and 2 women. There are three divisions, Rx /Masters /Scaled (masters = 160+ combined age). Cost per team is $200. Workouts will be posted here one week prior to the competition. Standards can be found below. This competition will be held outdoors so be sure to bring shade and sunscreen!
ATHLETE CHECK-IN: 7:15-8:15 AM
JUDGES BRIEFING: 7:45 AM
ATHLETE BRIEFING: 8:30 AM
HEAT TIMES: HEATS WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS REGISTRATION CLOSES (9/28/17)
All athletes must complete and sign the waiver below:
WOD 1 "Clean Sweep"
- 2 athletes working at a time
- Male/Male work together, Female/Female work together. Both teammates may work on any reps in any order AND at the same time
- 50 meter sprint
- 4 Kettlebell Squat Clean (Rx 70/44, Masters 53/35, Scaled 44/26)
- 4 Burpees Over The Box (box heights Rx 30/24, Masters 24/20, Scaled 20/20)
- Once the required reps are completed for the round both teammates will exit the work area TOGETHER and proceed to tag out with the other two teammates. Tag Out is required to happen in the designated Tag Out area
- 10 Minute AMRAP
WOD 2 "FORTY FORTY"
- Ground to Overhead
- Male/Female Pair 1 advance to the first set of barbells
- Athlete 1 lifts their bar for 40 seconds. Once finished, Athlete 2 lifts their bar for 40 seconds. All matched reps will score points. For example: female completes 10 lifts, male completes 11 lifts, score = 10 (1 point for every matched rep)
- As soon as the male and female pair move from bar 1 to bar 2, the next set of athletes advance onto the floor to bar 1 and begin lifting when their teammates are lifting bar 2.
- At minute 1:20 there should be an athlete from pair 1 lifting bar 2 and an athlete from pair 2 lifting bar 1
- On the 5th set of barbells, reps DO NOT NEED TO MATCH.
- Points: 1st Bar (1 point per matched rep), 2nd Bar (2 points per matched rep), 3rd Bar (4 points per matched rep), 4th Bar (6 points per matched rep), 5th Bar (10 points per rep)
- Bar Weights
- Rx Men 135/165/195/215/245
- Rx Women 85/105/130/145/165
- Masters Men 115/135/ 165/195/215
- Master Women 70/85/105/130/145
- Scaled Men 95/125/145/165/185
- Scaled Women 65/80/95/105/125
- Athletes have the choice of how to get the get Barbell weight from the ground to overhead in control; feet planted with knees, hips, and shoulders fully extended and arms locked out
- Heavy sled push and tire flip
Time to complete will be teams score. Time starts on the call of "Go" and stops when all the plates and team members cross the start line after completing the required Sled Push. Fastest time will be awarded the most points
WOD 3 is.....going to be announced at the athlete briefing the day of the competition!
Below are Standards you can expect, but not limited to...
Kettlebell Squat Cleans (Rx 70/44, Masters 53/35, Scaled 44/26)
Box Jumps (Rx 30/24, Masters 24/20, Scaled 20/20)
- Rx minimum 135/85
- Masters minimum 115/70
- Scaled minimum 95/65
Toes To Bar
Chest To Bar Pull Ups
Wall Balls (20/14)
Double Unders (Rx and Masters)
Single Unders (Scaled)
Deadlifting (min. weight coming soon)
Single Arm Kettlebell Swing
Pushing heavy things
THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO BRING
There will be food trucks!